Since becoming a Stay at Home Mum I’ve had some great experiences, and I’m happy doing what I do. But sometimes I really miss some of the aspects of working in an office. Things you wouldn’t necessarily consider. Things like the banter, the coffee round (no one gets me coffee here, except me!) and at this time of year, Secret Santa. I love a Secret Santa. I’ve had some great gifts in the past and my favourite storyline in The Office (both UK and US) revolves around a Secret Santa. So when I saw a post detailing a UK blogger Gift Swap, I was like a kid in a candy store. Dressed as an elf. Happy and Christmassy!
It’s my way of participating in a Secret Santa, with people who do what I do. And maybe you’d like to join in?
The beautiful Viola, over at apieceoifviola has set it up and is organising it all and bless her for doing so!
So what’s the deal?
Christmas Blogger Gift Swap (UK only)
An invitation to all bloggers, regardless of whereabouts you live in the UK, regardless of how big or small your blog is, and regardless of what ‘type’ of blog you have, to join in and get involved!
What is this all about?
The idea behind this event is to basically get bloggers interacting which each other during the festive season and to do a gift swap. It’s a chance to get to know others and discover a variety of other amazing blogs out there! You’ll be paired with a fellow blogger at the beginning of December where you’ll have a short period to get to know them before you have to send them some lovely Christmas gifts.
But don’t worry:
You don’t have to spend a massive amount of money if you don’t want to. Heck, you could even send homemade gifts (they are said to come from the heart) and are just as good! You and your partner can both decide a budget if you want to, but essentially it’s your choice.
How do I get involved?
Well, there are 3 simple, easy steps:
- Fill out the Google form here and wait for a confirmation email from Viola.
- Write a blog post about this event within 3 days of receiving confirmation so that we can get as many bloggers involved as possible!
- Once paired up, get to know your fellow blogger, buy their gifts and send them off!
Here are the following dates for this swap:
- November 28th: Deadline for completing the submission form.
- December 1st: Find out your blogger pair, yay!
- By December 17th: Send off gifts to your blogger pair 🙂
In order to take part, you must:
- Fill in the Google form document – here’s the link again.
- Write a blog post about this event within 3 days of receiving confirmation.
- Send a couple of nice gifts to your paired blogger by December 17th.
- Write a post about your gifts (must include photos) after you have received them.
- Send Viola links to all of your blog posts!
You can contact Viola on Twitter & Instagram (@violahelen_) or email her at email@example.com. You can also use the hashtag #apovgiftswap on Twitter or Instagram to connect with others!
I am so excited to find out who I’m paired with and get my Christmas Gift Swap mojo working!
If you’re any kind of blogger, you’re in the UK and you want to join in, then come on – what are you waiting for!!!
You never know you might get paired with me! And I buy great gifts 😉