I’ve been tagged by Catie at Diary of An Imperfect Mum to tell you all 10 things you may or may not know about me. The questions were posed by her and there’s some head scratchers in there I can tell you.
So without further ado, here I am:
1. Who do you admire the most and why?
I admire Nigella’s writing and the way she has forged a career, bringing fun and sass to food when no one else was. I don’t agree with some of the life choices she’s made, but I don’t think it should detract from her work.
In real life though I admire my friends. They all have qualities I respect or have achieved amazing things. Like Bethany and her ability to speak up and her interesting career. Or Rosie for moving to another country, learning a whole other language and working as a diplomat and knowing when the time was right to move on. Or Michelle and her infinite ability to care or Helen and her amazingly strong spirit. Basically if you’re my friend it’s because I admire you in some way. I have no time for false friendships.
2. Do you have any hidden talents?
I have an uncanny ability to remember song lyrics. Not sure that’s a talent though 😉
3. What is your most treasured possession?
I don’t really have any. I’d love to say our Grandfather clock, inherited from Ben’s grandma, but if the house was on fire I think I’d grab my phone and possibly my iPad.
4. What are you scared of?
I seriously dislike rats, but really the thing that scares me most is what the future holds for Oscar. I try not to think too far ahead. The fear of how the world will treat him sometimes paralyses me.
5. If you could learn a new skill what would it be and why?
I’d love to learn to drive. I never learnt when my epilepsy was under control in my 20s, because we lived in London and didn’t need a car. Then it stopped being so well controlled and I couldn’t learn. I have my provisional now but I’m too scared. I’d love to have the freedom, especially to be able to take Oscar places.
6. Do you play any musical instruments?
Nope. Although I did learn violin for a year at primary school.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Before Oscar I would have said Australia. Or the States. We seriously considered moving stateside when we first got married. But now if we ever move, I’m always going to have to consider if it’s appropriate for Oscar’s autism support first.
8. What is your biggest regret?
University. I wish I’d done the whole experience differently. Different course, different attitude, different time maybe? I was so desperate to leave home, I just fell into it without really thinking and wasn’t prepared in the slightest.
9. Did you always want to have children?
Yes. Always. When I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome and told I may struggle to conceive I was heart broken. As it was we didn’t have any problems conceiving at all!
10. Why did you become a blogger?
I needed somewhere to call my own, some space to say things I wasn’t brave enough to say in real life. Mrssavageangel has allowed me to be more honest and more courageous and for that I’ll always be thankful.
Big hugs to Catie for nominating me.
So the idea is I ask a couple of other bloggers to answer the following questions. So here you go.
Shannon at Shannonagains
Toni at GymBunnyMummy
Maria at SuburbanMum
I’d like to know:
1) High leg or thong?
2) last time you got ‘throw up’ drunk?
3) Chandler or Ross?
4) Ever broken the law?
5) Coffee or tea?
6) Best haircut you ever had?
7) Mayo or Salad Cream?
8) Most popular post you’ve ever written?
9) Uni mates or School friends?
10) If you could have chosen your own middle name what would it have been and why?
I’ve been tagged to answer the following questions from RockinRandomMom . Thanks Michelle.
1 If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?
I’m not a big celeb follower, but probably Nigella Lawson for the reasons I gave above.
2. What’s your favorite social media outlet to use for blogging?
This is hard because they all bring something different to the table. But if I had to chose, it’d probably be Twitter
3. What’s your favorite movie genre?
I love a good thriller. I love Alfred Hitchcock – his films just haven’t aged
4. If there was one event you could change in your past, would you do it?
Yes, Oscar’s birth and early days
5. Referring to question four: Why or Why not?
They were fairly traumatic and I feel like I missed out of so much. I’d also do what I wanted to do and not be bound by what I was told to do
6. How many times have you been tagged for this 10 Things about Me?
I think this is the third time
7. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Christmas Day, age 5. I thought I heard my dad talk to Father Christmas, I got my pram and my Barbie house and I saw Mary Poppins for the first time. The whole thing was magical.
8. What do you think will be your child’s favorite childhood memory?
Wow, I’m guessing it’s yet to come as O is only 3.5, but he see the world so differently to me I doubt I’d ever guess it.
9. Ice Cream or Cake?
What? Can I not have both? OK, err, cake.
10. Music related because, it just has to be: Did you play a musical instrument at anytime during your school years and if so, what was it?
Yes a violin for a couple of terms in primary school