Guess what? I’ve only gone and been nominated as a One Lovely Blog! I know right?! How cool is that? I’ve seen others be nominated before and I’m so pleased to be included *blushes ever so slightly*. So what the dickens is it?
“The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by bloggers for newer or up-and-coming fellow bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines. These are:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog”
So without further ado, I hereby accept my One Lovely Blog award.
I’d like to say thank you so much to Chelsea over at Mom Outside the Norm for the nomination. It was completely unexpected and I was very touched, so THANK YOU CHELSEA!
Logo. Added. Boom! I’m on a roll here!
Oo the tricky bit. 7 facts about me. Hmm I did write a post a year ago with many interesting (hahahaha!) facts about me. So I guess I should think of some different ones. Hmmm let me see. OK how about this:
- I really dislike my carrots being cut into rounds. I much prefer batons. I have no idea why this could possibly be the case!
- I once bleached my dark brunette hair with an entire bottle of “Sun In” (pure peroxide bleach you probably can’t even buy any more). I loved it at the time. It then took two long years to grow it all out!
- I don’t really like mice, but I frigging hate rats. Even your cute pet rat. I promise, holding it is not going to change my mind. I tried it. It didn’t work!
- I had a Tamagotchi the first time round (’97). I called him Sydney and kept him alive for about 4 days. I killed the next one on purpose because he kept waking me up at night.
- I once met Jamie Oliver on a flight to Dallas and we had a chat in the queue for Homeland Security. He was unbelievably sweet and asked why we were in the States and what we had planned. He was on his way to Albuquerque to film for Jamie’s America.
- I’ve been to the top of Mount Sinai and have seen the dawn break over the desert. It so wasn’t worth it. Apart from the assent nearly killing me, the view was ruined by other people and a lack of respect. Although I guess at least I can say I did it.
- I don’t read even a tiny bit as much as I used to. I have three books on the go. I have had since before I had Oscar. They are all factual and the titles are Hungry Monkey: A Food-Loving Father’s Quest to Raise an Adventurous Eater, Taste: The Story of Britain Through it’s Cooking and Freakonomics
There you go. Bet you didn’t know that!
And the final part, the 15 ‘lovely’ bloggers I admire and want to nominate. And they are (in no particular order):
- The Pintrested Parent – Crafting, cooking & learning through inspiration with a side order of real life
- Shannonagains – Californian in London, Mother to ‘Pumpkin’, writing about parenting
- Story Time with John – Sharing the tales of his travels, trying to turn frowns upside down!
- Story Shucker – a blog full of humorous and poignant observations
- Losing 100lb Plus – struggles with being a mom and trying to lose weight
- Mama and More – Life style and yoga through her eyes and more!
- Infinity and IVF – One family’s journey through the IVF process
- The Mother of All Autism Challenges – One mum’s quest to accept and adapt to caring for a child on the spectrum
- The Girl in the Little Black Dress – 17 year old Natalie, eye for the detail in fashion and life way beyond her years
- Ctl+Alt+Mum – Experiments in (Actual) Motherhood
- The Plant Strong Vegan – Food, photography and life, the vegan way
- Making Memories in the Chaos – A stay at home mum sharing life with her 3 bubbas
- Small Time Mum – Blogging about motherhood; the madness and muddles it can bring
- Misplaced Brit – Expat British Mama now living and raising her family in Sweden
- Slimming World is the Answer – One girl’s journey to lose weight and start a family
Et voila! That’s a real mixture. Some obvious, some not so obvious, but all fab. I urge you to check them all out!
I’d would also like to thank the bloggers above for their time and energy. I know how hard it can be to keep dragging yourself to the PC, to keep writing, to keep sharing; but I’m so glad that you do. Thank you.
I can’t wait to see who you nominate!
Have a ‘lovely’ day